Help us with these new designs for mobile web...

Feedback Wanted: New Markets page for mobile web

Globe Investor Readers,

Hi. We’re looking for feedback on a new Markets section for our mobile web readers. You can see the proposed design below.

The objective is to provide one page where our readers can find a quick overview of the day’s activity for Canadian, U.S., European and Asian stock markets, as well as international currencies and commodities.

Can you see how to easily toggle between different European or Asian indices (this just a non clickable design). Did we get all the right commodities? Is each column going to be viewable on a phone’s screen? Let us know what you think, what’s missing, what you like, and what could be improved.

Thank you for your time. With your input, we look forward to continually delivering a new and better experience for readers.

Scott Adams, general manager financial products
Pierre Javad, product manager digital

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Digital Product TeamAdminDigital Product Team (Admin, Globeunlimited) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    closed  · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Savalai,

Do you use the Globe Investor app? It is different from the main Globe and Mail news app and it has better charting.

Scott Adams
        GM Financial Products

• SavalaiSavalai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a subscriber and use the mobile edition all the time. The search function needs to improve. Example: Searching for the past articles by an author is very difficult if not impossible. Try searching for Don Coxe. Similar problems with your archives section.

Another very important point: charts should be easily accessible on the smart phones. I use yahoo at this time. But it should be easily accessible in Globe and Mail as I pay monthly fees to Globe whereas yahoo is a free service! Content is great. But accessibility is not. Not intuitive.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hdvido,

Thanks for your comments. We're working on some mobile web redesigns for the rest of the site now. Can you be more specific about the issues you have? Can you send us pages?

Scott Adams
        GM Financial Products

• hdvidohdvido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In general all of the Globe's web pages are poor when rendered on mobile devices. The adds are especially poorly handled and interfere with a satisfactory experience to the user. Many pages are poorly formated and lack consistency in presentation. Content is frequently not synchronized between sections and different editions and are not current. The UK's Guardian web site is the one to aim for as it is far superior in so many ways.

Feedback and Knowledge Base